RE: Things needed

>When starting Netscape the user will find a web page at
>/usr/doc/HTML/index.html belonging to the indexhtml RPM.

   That would be a good spot to link to the AutoDoc system.  I ought to
have some preliminary stuff up today.  I reworked the web page to be the
start page so that there is a common theme.

>It would be great if someone maintained it, adding pointers to our own
>doc but also to important Web sites for finding info or software like
>www.linuxstart.com or www.filewatcher.org.  This could be done in
>conjunction with maintaining the Independence_features package who
>presently contains a bare bones description of the stuff we ship
>specific to Indy (format would be html)

   Rigth now it just has the links we have on the home page.  I would
think that would be best, and put the links to firewatcher and ect.
there.  That way when other web sites change, we don't break links on
our CDs.

>I am also finding I have problems keeping track of newcomers, briefing
>them and trying to assign them to tasks.  Orgnaization is too
>centralized around me.

   How about a web page showing the mini czars of different sections.
This would also help in communication.  Categories like "Installation
modifications," "Added packages," "Documentation," "Admin scripts and
tools."  Others too, this is just a first draft.  That way, when I need
a script run at install to copy my AutoDocs, I e-mail the Install Mod
guy directly.  We just send the final change to you, not the discussion.

>Is there someone willing to write some Perl scripts useful for the
>maintenance of the distrib?
>
>Finally you are free to suggest features or programs.  Specially if
>you implement them.

   As I am doing AutoDocs, I could try and clean up the web page.  It
would be a second priority, but it would be on the plate.

			Lee