Re: Newbie Idea

Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>On Mon, 3 May 1999, Brian Wiens wrote:

>[ snip ]

>shrinking partitions is extremely difficult to do reliably, and probably
>requires nonfree software ( such as partition magic, which Caldera uses
>btw ...  )

>The other ideas are probably fairly easy for a C programmer. Hacking the
>install is a worthwhile task, but until a C programmer steps forward,.
>we're stuck. If only the install was written in perl, maybe I could do
>more (-;

>cheers,

>-- Donovan

I've been looking at the install source code since I downloaded it. I haven't
got to much to go on yet because the source is rather long (many files) and
not much in the way of comments. I may be able to add some better instructions
for the user at present. I'll know more later. One thing to keep in mind is
that anything added to the the image will need to still fit on a floppy.
That's one comment that is in the source!
I'm also looking into hacking Kdm, adding a menu so the user can choose what
WM to use. I like kde because of the shutdown menu, this will be similar.
Right now I'm busy tring to straiten out my $@*#+! e-mail! I missed some of
this thread, but I thought I would respond. I hope to be that C programmer
your talking about. I'm not the best...but I seem to be all we've got. Anyone
else want to help?

Rob Mayhue
robing@crosswinds.net