Re: News and cuts

> Goal is to keep only the best in everything, but at the same time I
> don't want to remove a program who has a significant user base, so tell
> if you are using one of the following:
>
> elm
> mh/exmh/nmh
> mutt
> pine (this one also reads news)
> im
My suggestion would be to drop all but pine...

In my experience, pine is pretty popular on college email systems so people
who are (or recently have been) students may well be familiar with it.
The pine/pico help menu at the bottom is also fairly friendly to beginners.
I use elm myself, but I don't think it has as large a user base. I think
elm is more old-guard, mostly in use by people who would be able to install
it themselves if they needed to.

                              S. Lockwood
                         sjl@zorbas.ece.ucsb.edu
                    http://folletts.ece.ucsb.edu/~sjl