RE: Indy installs from CD

> > > I will look at it but this is something I cannot test, obviously.
> >
> > If you can point me in the right direction as to where in
> the code to
> > look
> > I can check and test.
> >

> Look in the install2.c file ans start from the selectInstall function.

Ok - will check this out.

> when the instalation
> reboot the system.
> > > >

> > > If you used a CD this is normal (but perhaps avoidable)
> behaviour: a
> > > CD is not only the boot media but also the installation media and
> > > the installation media is still mounted at this point so
> you cannot
> > > remove it.   Perhaps it will be possible to unmount it
> but not sure.
> >
> > I assumed it was to do with the CD still being mounted.
> Can't see any
> > reason why it can't be unmounted or even ejected just before this
> > point. The installation sure doesn't need it anymore. Again, point
> > me in the right direction in the code and I'll take a look.
> >

> Because it could be the working or even the root directory from some
> process.  Of course given that the install is finished we could take
> provisons about that but this is not an Indy specific bug ie it is
> inherited from RTedHat's install.

Of course - should have thought of that - the second stage install runs
from the CD. :-( I'd never noticed it in RedHat's install - probably
because I was mostly concerned with getting a working system not with
looking out for inconsistancys in the install that might confuse a user.

Mike
Michael@licorne.demon.co.uk