Re: Indy installs from CD

> > I will look at it but this is something I cannot test, obviously.
>
> If you can point me in the right direction as to where in the code to
> look
> I can check and test.

Look in the install2.c file ans start from the selectInstall function.

> > > 2) Version numbers during the install say Independece 2.0
> > >

> > > 3) CD appears to be locked in the drive at the point when the instalation
> > > asks you to remove the boot media and press a key to reboot the system.
> > >

> > If you used a CD this is normal (but perhaps avoidable) behaviour: a
> > CD is not only the boot media but also the installation media and
> > the installation media is still mounted at this point so you cannot
> > remove it.   Perhaps it will be possible to unmount it but not sure.
>
> I assumed it was to do with the CD still being mounted. Can't see any
> reason why it can't be unmounted or even ejected just before this
> point. The installation sure doesn't need it anymore. Again, point
> me in the right direction in the code and I'll take a look.

Because it could be the working or even the root directory from some
process.  Of course given that the install is finished we could take
provisons about that but this is not an Indy specific bug ie it is
inherited from RTedHat's install.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org