Re: Log analysis requirements

I suppose I could help out in the database part...  I did it for AirTraf
already, but as before, there needs to be some internal restructuring of
iptraf code-base to simplify all of the above requirements.

If you do the database approach, it can effectively eliminate the need
for doing the summarization scripts, since you could do the
summarization as you grab the data off of the database at later time.

And having it in database generates a nice abstraction for higher layer
interface, leaving open possibility of data viewing to many different
venues (i.e. web, application, file, etc.)

Are all users of iptraf using linux?  (i.e. do I need to stick to POSIX
on this?)

-Peter