Re: [Libevent-users] OpenSSL 1.0.2g

On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 03:24:34PM -0700, David Carrel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we recently upgraded from OpenSSL 1.0.2e to 1.0.2g and we noticed some
> secure connections would stop receiving data when other links were shut
> down.  I'm not sure what exactly changed in OpenSSL to cause this, but I
> believe I have tracked this down to libevent.  We are running 2.1.5-beta.
> I tried building with the top of master and voila, the problem goes away.
> Looking at the git logs, I see quite a few changes that look like they
> could be relevant to this.  And because there are so many changes, there is
> a certain nervousness to upgrading to the top of master.  So...  A few

Hi,

Cool!

> questions:
>
> Does this sound familiar?  Anyone seen something similar?

I don't remember that there was some particular fixes for new openssl,
however I had 1.0.2h, so I guess that this is how it happened:
- found issues locally during some debugging
- fix them

> Are there any plans for new releases anytime soon?  Beta?

Of course, right now we are planning 2.1.6, and yes -- it will be beta
(for now plans looks like this).

Thanks,
Azat.