[Libevent-users] Trying to release 2.0.next and 2.1.next -- I could use your help!

Hi, all.

I'm trying to get new releases Libevent 2.0 and 2.1 out this year --
or early January of 2014 at the very latest. I've started running
through all the open patches, and I've merged a bunch in the last
couple of days.

I will try to do more before the end of the year, and go through all
the open bug reports too.

One way that people can help would be to help clean up/finish/revise
patches, and to help track down/evaluate/fix bug reports.

If you see a patch where there are unanswered comments, the way to
help that patch get merged is:
  * Make sure it has all the comments on it answered.
  * Make sure it has unit tests.
  * Make sure it doesn't break working programs.
  * If I'm acting like an idiot on the ticket, please explain slowly
why the patch is important.

Some time around late-Dec / early-Jan, I'm going to have to declare
that I've done as much as I can for this release, and just look for
regressions and clean up what there is.

(I *do* hope that the next release after this one can come out quite a
bit faster than this one has, though.)

Another way you can help is by making sure that the patches-2.0 and
master branches in the official git repository don't have any
regressions for you.

FWIW, people have been using three different issue/patch trackers.
The github ones for the official repo at
https://github.com/libevent/libevent/; the github ones for my personal
repo at https://github.com/nmathewson/Libevent; and the sourceforge
ones at https://sourceforge.net/p/levent/_list/tickets.  This is
probably not optimal. :)

I'm going to be a little slow answering email between now and the day
after Christmas.

peace,
--
Nick