[Libevent-users] Re: Trying to release 2.0.next and 2.1.next -- I could use your help!

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I'm trying to get new releases Libevent 2.0 and 2.1 out this year --
> or early January of 2014 at the very latest. I've started running
> through all the open patches, and I've merged a bunch in the last
> couple of days.
>
> I will try to do more before the end of the year, and go through all
> the open bug reports too.
>
> One way that people can help would be to help clean up/finish/revise
> patches, and to help track down/evaluate/fix bug reports.
>
> If you see a patch where there are unanswered comments, the way to
> help that patch get merged is:
>   * Make sure it has all the comments on it answered.
>   * Make sure it has unit tests.
>   * Make sure it doesn't break working programs.
>   * If I'm acting like an idiot on the ticket, please explain slowly
> why the patch is important.

Oh, and one more thing: If you have a patch or patch series that you
think should get merged, but it doesn't have a tracker entry anywhere,
please make an entry on one of the trackers. My favored form is a
github pull request on the official repository, but I'll look
elsewhere too if you prefer.

--
Nick