Re: [Libevent-users] evconnlistener & local domain sockets

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Jan Danielsson
<jan.m.danielsson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    Will evconnlisteners work with (streaming) local domain sockets?
>
>    Since local domain sockets in many ways can be used as a drop-in
> replacement for TCP (just change an integer and an "address", and it
> works the same (to a naive application)), I would presume it works.
> However, the documentation explicitly states: ``The evconnlistener
> mechanism gives you a way to listen for and accept incoming TCP
> connections.''.
>
>    Any reason evconnlisteners can't/won't work with local domain sockets?

They ought to work with local domain sockets; the only place that
assumes that the family is AF_INET{,6} is in the IOCP code, which is
Windows-only, which doesn't have local domain sockets as Unix
understands them.

But let me know here if listeners with local domain sockets don't work for you.

best wishes,
--
Nick