[Libevent-users] Question on paired buffer events

In reading the documentation on paired buffer events, it says they can
be used in "a networking program that needs to talk to itself".  That
is exactly what I have and this capability sounds like what I need to
implement an internal queue.  But the problem is these events do not
seem to cause the event dispatch loop to block.  In my test program, I
created a pair using bufferevent_pair_new and then set up a read
callback on one event and a write on the other.  I then went into the
event dispatch loop and immediately fell out the bottom.  Is this not
the correct way to use these events?

Regards,

Ed Day