Re: [Libevent-users] patch to released 2.0.4 for Windows

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Patrick Galbraith <patg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there! I have a patch for 2.0.4 in order to compile on Windows (tested on
> Windows 2008 64-bit), if not already addressed. Small issue. See attached.

The select.c backend is not for Windows; it will not work there, even
if you make it compile.  (It assumes that the fdset type is
implemented as a bitfield, as it is on non-Windows platforms.)
Windows uses win32select.c instead.

Are you building with mingw, with the nmake Makefile, or with your own
project files or something?  If it's one of the first two, select.c
shouldn't get built on win32; that's the bug there.  If it's the
latter, please have a look at the nmake Makefile for a list of the C
modules that should build on Windows.

hth,
--
Nick