Re: [Libevent-users] Forked processes and signals

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:58 AM, Christophe Fillot <cf@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Nick Mathewson wrote:
>> The real fix is to make event_base_free() a bit smarter about the
>> epoll case.  This seems tricky; it probably wants to be a 2.1 fix,
>> since there is a workaround for 2.0.  I've opened a bug ticked so this
>> doesn't get forgotten: fixes are welcome!  (The ticket is at
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3202431&group_id=50884&atid=461322
>> )
>>

> Thanks! I can take a look at this if you want, but I must admit
> that I don't know this part of the code yet.

Up to you.  If a quick solution is important to you, or if you want a
fun project that will let you learn about some of the internals
better, this might be a fun one.  Otherwise I might get to it
eventually, but I don't know when, or if it will be in a 2.1
timeframe.  It's worth doing, but since there's a workaround, I'll
probably prioritize other stuff first.

FWIW, this looks like the kind of bug that requires a few false-starts
at a bugfix before we we arrive at one that's elegantly designed, so
be prepared. :)

cheers,
--
Nick