Re: [Libevent-users] 14k vprintf evbuffer on solaris

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Michael Herf <herf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 [...]
> Has anyone else seen a failure case like this? (I'm going to dig in and see
> what I can find.)

I haven't seen this before, no.

One way to try to debug this would be to check would be to figure out
where, along the chain between you adding the data and the data
getting sent out via writev(), the data is getting lost.  Possible
places are:
 1) The data isn't getting added to the evbuffer.
 2) The data is getting added, but the bufferevent isn't delivering it.
 3) Data is getting added and bufferevent *should* be delivering it,
but for some reason the evhttp code is screwing everything up.

Another possible way to try to chase this down would be to use git
bisect to try to figure out what change broke this on opensolaris.

If these don't work, have an opensolaris vm I could try to use to
help, but I would need an example of a _minimal_ test program that
worked okay on (say) Linux, but failed on OpenSolaris.

hth,
--
Nick