Myth 2 - Re: Business models

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Jan Ekholm wrote:

> >I have seven Loki Titles - each one works perfectly. If you have troubles
> >running your game, you should contact your vendor.
>
> My Myth2 only runs accelerated with the obsolete Glide API, and software
> is not an option, so yes, it does not work for me.

Hmm. I just checked my home setup. The version I have, patched with Loki's
excellent software update tool, is version 1.3e. It seems that 3 renderes
are supported; software, glide and OpenGL;

[madsdyd@mother myth2]$ ./myth2
04.25.2001 21:37:50  Myth II running under Linux ------------
Scanning for software devices...
        Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
        3Dfx Voodoo2 SLI card is SLI configured
        3Dfx Voodoo2 SLI card has 2 TMUs
        Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
        Found 1 to use

Software obviously is software
Glide works perfectly with my V2.
OpenGL seems to use the system libraries. I have confirmed that it will
use Mesa with and without glide support.

I believe that if you have 3D accelerated hardware on your system, and a
libGL.so that supports it, that Myth II should be able to use this
hardware, through the OpenGL renderer.

I would be interessted in hearing what you find out.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
At some point, bits have to go into packets and routers need to make

   - John Carmack, commenting on why he (for now) does not actively support
the PowerPlay initiative