Re: libmikmod woes..

Mark Collins <mcollins@night.openworld.co.uk> writes:

> WHy do ppl always want to create new "standards" thigns even when there
> is allready something out there that can do the job just as well, if not
> better than things allready written. Of course, I'm talking of the SDL,
> which is the only library I know of to make it into commercial Linux
> games. SO why bother re-inventing the wheel?

As Steve said, SDL is worthless when it comes to 3D. And on the other
hand SDL is a low level C-API, that ok and using SDL is a good choice,
but what if you want a higher API level? ClanLib for example is a high
level C++ libary for 2D and (in the future)also 3D games. BTW. has SDL
joystick support, as far as I can see it only has mouse support?

SDL is a good lib when it comes to low level 2D C stuff, but its not
perfect and when it comes to C++ there are IMHO better choices.

--
                                  http://dark.x.dtu.dk/~grumbel/pingus/ |
Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel@gmx.de>             http://home.pages.de/~grumbel/ |