Re: Why code your own library?

Pedro Medeiros wrote:

> I don't think that's how it works. If you are using code
> that is GPLed and that can be downloaded somewhere
> else, you are not hiding anything that is not yours. Maybe
> if you charge money for using GPL software alone or if
> you reuse code from GPL software that is not yours and
> change the license. I think this is a real violation.

LGPL let's you do that - but for GPL, you have to allow the
user to re-link against a new version of the library himself.
That means you either dynamically link - or provide a complete
set of '.o' files.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker