non-portability (was. Re: GLUT and sound)

Hi!

> > <VENT(?)>
> > I'm getting annoyed with all this portability.
> > My next game will be Linux-only.
> > I'll spend efforts to ensure non-compatibility with w32...
> > (Extensive use of pipe()/socketpair() should do it...)
> > I promise.
> > </VENT(?)>
>
> I've been thinking that way too.

Don't underestimate the power of Cygwin! :-)

<RANT MODE="MAJOR">

Other than that I tend to agree that Win32 is not a platform, but a sickness
(oh wait, did that function use _cdecl or _stdcall?).

Dropping Win32 support would be soooo easy if the artist and the musician on
my team would decide to switch over, too. Dream on, buddy....

</RANT>

Regards,
Gregor