Re: GLUT and sound

Stephen J Baker wrote:

How much good is OpenAL?
Is the project still under developement, or is it near to death?

It doesn't seem to have changed much (at all?) since Loki died...they
were the major drivers behind it.
Loki died? what where?

<VENT(?)>
I'm getting annoyed with all this portability.
My next game will be Linux-only.
I'll spend efforts to ensure non-compatibility with w32...
(Extensive use of pipe()/socketpair() should do it...)
I promise.
</VENT(?)>

I've been thinking that way too.
sounds really cool on one side .. but I'd also dream of making a living out of programming games .. and atm I don't see any big market in Linux only .. not for a tiny fish in the big ocean at least :-(