Re: GUI systems

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Baker <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
To: <linuxgames@sunsite.auc.dk>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: GUI systems

> > > Maybe Java would be an alternative?
> > >Some tools have appeared for Linux too that let you develop using
> > >clickclickclick-GUI:s, but I don't remember the names right now.
> > >Borland/Inprise had something new recently.
>
> This thread is getting confusing.  I'm still not sure if the original
> supplicant was asking how to develop a program that *has* a GUI (ie
> looking for a GUI library or a 'GUI-builder' toolkit), or
> how to develop programs *using* a GUI-based C/C++ programming environment
> (An "IDE").

Seriously though, I must take this time to mention again that kdevelop is a
really nice IDE which is free, and has no royalties attached to it.  Yes it
requires that KDE be installed, but you'll find that those libraries aren't
large and that you need them to run a lot of cool programs these days.
Thats all I'm going to say about this...the guy who I was attempting to
explain this to before seemed to be more interested in *not* getting things
done than using good software, so I'll just leave it at that.  Sorry this
had to be my first posting to this list, I've been reading it and lurking
for a while...hopefully when I have something more substantial to say on the
subject of games I'll write again.

       -W.W.