Re: Need your help.

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 December 2000 10:04, Prasad, Sreenivasa wrote:
> > > /usr/bin/ABSgtar:	COFF format alpha dynamically linked, demand paged
> > > executable or object module not stripped - Version 3.13-12.
> > >
> > > My question is what is this version number ?
>
> Sorry, I don't know that. For my ELF executables it reports Version 1.

AFAIK, COFF is the format used on Alpha:

borr > uname -a
OSF1 borr.diku.dk V4.0 878 alpha
borr > file /bin/ls
/bin/ls:        COFF format alpha dynamically linked, demand paged
executable or object module stripped - version 3.11-10

The question would seem unrelated to Linux.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
"'Tis some script kidd3z," I muttered, "tapping at my server

                               - Barbarian, /.