Re: Introductions

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, KANE Aaron wrote:

> The simulation developers however were still concerned/confused how the
> simulation will update and draw this objects in real time.  I had to
> agree that I have never manipulated a model from compiled program, only
> generated and added motion to objects while inside the tool itself.

If you do _really_ not want to do real 3d, you could have the option of
preprocessing all the models for players that had really slow hardware.
(Ie, process into sprites that lowend hardware could use).

quake 1 used to something like this; When it went from software to
hardware rendering, it preprocessed all the models into a more suitable
format.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk