Re: Bit on cheating: was: Re: Introductions

Instead of generating the source code differently what if the source was constant and variables were just changed.

If all dll were required to contain cert variables something 2048 bits long.  At server startup the key could be generated and the
dll compiled and distributed.  That way every game the libraries would be different.  The authentication could involve returning the
cert along with a MD5 of the library? With a cert and the MD5 as the password I think we getting into a self authenticating
library?  (I am sure I have missed something in here)

I agree that this method would force a ------------long------------ server start up time... and a long client connect time.. however
if the server is intended to be running for a long time, it might be worth considering?

Just crazy ideas...

25+ pages of design documentation generated already.. I will probably have a working document to post sometime in the next few
weeks. I would really like to be able to capture these discussions inside that document.

Regards,
    ~Aaron