Re: What to do.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 05:57:02PM +0000, Keith Lucas wrote:

> >I decided that the first thing I need is a map editor.  So that is
> >what I've been working on.  I've got routines for loading, saving
> >and rendering the maps.  I've got code for handling the textures
> >and manipulating the camera.  I've got it to a point where you
> >can move around the as yet empty map.

> >So what do I do next?

> Allow people to create things to put in the map. Objects like... crates say.
> Small things like that. Need to be able to load the objects and move em around
> and stuff.

Don't I need to allow people to create the basic scenery meshes before
I allow that addition of objects to the map?

The problem I've got to this time it I don't know how I'm going
to allow people to create the thing that needs to be created.
And if I don't know how the user interface is going to work
it is kind of hard to code.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better