Re: Which Game SDK to choose?

Stephen J Baker:
>  With modern graphics hardware, the fastest way to draw any kind of
> graphics is using the full capabilities of the graphics card - and the only
> way to do that (portably) is to use OpenGL.

I agree.
After developing for sometime a 2D game (able to use both SDL or Allegro) i
decided to swap to OpenGL and GLUT.
Faster, simpler, more portable.

Watch out that both Allegro and SDL gave me some problems with keyboard
localization and key repeat, wich GLUT did not.

BTW, even is it uglier and less standard, ALLEGRO got better X11 performances
than SDL, without any special permission.

Regards,
Francesco Orsenigo