Re: interrupt current thread for a moment...

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Michael Maher wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I know this list doesn't have many people on it so I think this is safe
> to spam here...

Your spamming?

> What I want to do is this:
>
> - Becuase of all the hard work everyone does, and b/c I want 'games' to
> get more focus and exposure than they already do..  I want to Gather up
> the GPL apps people are working on, and make installable RPMS
> of this stuff.  Get it up on the server so people can download.
> Even if it's Alpha.. I don't care.  It get's you more feedback on bugs
> hopefully to get it fixed.

I think thats an excellent idea esp since I use redhat and caldera. SRPMS
too?

> - I want to get your address and shipping info if you are the main contact
> or a major maintainer of this stuff so I can send you some free crap. Let
> me know what sort of freebies you want.

I could use another car. Naw thats to greedy how bout just a new dec
alpha.

> I already have done this with Crystal Space.  People aren't sure what to
> do with it but it get's them interested.  I definitely want to get some
> free stuff to the crystal space guys on this list , so I at least need
> your contact info.
>
> thanks.. I'll be working on this stuff over the next month.
>
> -mike

Whould you be interested in doing a "chapter" on packagin for the book. I
know theres the book by Ed Bailey , actualy I know Ed Bailey. But I was
thinking just a quikie on building rpms once the tar.gz source is done.
Well maybe something on build scripts. I don't know just something.

-  Bryan Patrick Coleman  -  Triad Linux Users Group  -  bpcolema@uncg.edu  -
     -  http://www.wayward.net/tlug/index.html  -  tlug-mail@uncg.edu  -