Re: Tools

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> That makes it pretty safe to just select some mid-/highlevel SDK to work
> with, without having to worry that some element in the chain (highlevel -
> lowlevel - driver) disappears.
>
> Of course, this area still has to mature quite a bit, but game developers
> shouldn't have to worry much about that.

I guess that after some maturing, one or two of them could turn out as
"winners" (but the others ones will probably persist anyway if their
developers are stubborn enough).

The main problem I felt with the PenguinPlay effort was the apparent
lack of anything actually going on. It looked like so much vaporware. Go
on news://news.lokigames.com/loki.open-source.sdl and read a bit. SDL is
so actively developed it's actually hot to the touch! I update all of my
CVS workspaces every night and you can be sure there's plenty of stuff
going on in the SDL one! On the other hand, the PenguinPlay one is
rather dead...

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/