Re: The future of C/C++

On Thursday 18 January 2001 15:53, Achilles wrote:

> > However, if you like Java and speed is the only thing stopping you
> > from using it, then i suggest mixing Java (compiled or not-- compiled
> > Java is fairly quick) and C++.  I haven't done this myself, but i
> > hear you can get some decent results.

I remember I wanted to reply to this one :)
Ok - I used a mix of C++ and Java for a term project ~1 year ago, and it
was really nice. Plugging the two languages together was easy and the
performance, well, I can't say much about this because the C++ part was
doing all the real work :)

But combining the two languages can really be a good option.

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

...to paraphrase Churchill, while representative  democracy may be
terrible, it's still the best system that large corporations can buy.

- David Weinberger JOHO January 25, 2000