Re: Question about 3dfx (V2) and X 4.0.1

On Sunday 21 January 2001 23:32, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> Slightly off topic, I am afraid, but I didn't know where else to ask.
>
> Could anyone point me to information about making my Voodoo 2 cards
> (SLI 3dfx) work with X 4.0.1 and Mesa 3.x?
>
> I have just installed Mandrake 7.2, and is quite confused... (Do I have
> to have DRI support for it to work? Is it enough for Mesa to support my
> 3dfx hardware? Is Mesa or X so flexible, that it support for 3dfx comes
> "out of the box"? Why does Mandrake install the 3dfx kernel level
> driver, but not any Glide rpms? I used to run RedHat and had to compile
> everything myself. I fear breaking stuff now, however.)

Hmmm, afaik you're still better off with XFree3 for 3dfx cards. Work on
the 3dfx DRI driver has stopped since 3dfx was bought by nvidia.
There also is a 3dfx howto somewhere, but I don't know how up-to-date it
is...

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)