Re: Loki...

Rob Kaper wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 04:19:49PM +0100, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:
> > Why is that exactly? I for one would not mind a free operating system
> > (linux) with nothing else but free software on it. I'm certainly doing my
> > best for that goal (Crystal Space). I see no reason for any commercial
> > software on linux.
>
> Because commercial ventures produce higher quality in certain areas.
>
> Public (free) health care is okay here, but private (commercial) is better.
> Public (free) education is okay here, but private (commercial) can be better.

Well this is not true in Belgium :-)

> Try to get 4 disks full of 3D artwork without paying someone. You won't
> succeed.

Then do with less disks of artwork...

> The reason for commercial software on Linux is simple: some people want to
> use the best software and free/open software simply isn't always the best
> for everyone.

Well linux has managed to survive for so long without many commercial
games so I think it doesn't really need them. Game playing isn't everything.

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

"There's very good eating on one of these, you know."
        -- Eyeing the tortoise for tea
           (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)