Re: about game updates

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Darel Finkbeiner wrote:

> I have watched patiently at the list as the discussion of what news
> and game updates should be handled.
> So I have a question (mainly because it relates to my game):
> - Where should I send information on my game project?  Should I do so
> on this list, or is it better posted on the site somewhere?

I'd recommend posting to freshmeat, linuxgames.com, and happypenguin.org.
If people are interested, they'll check out your page and some of them
would want to help, if help is desired...

> - I am mainly interested in developing this game and need other people
> who can help with parts of it.  The LGDC seems like the best place to
> go to find that kind of help, but how do I decide what to do as a new
> game developer?  No one in our profession wants to piss off people on
> a mailing list.  We all know how it is.  So I put out the question for
> those that have projects going that need help, what is the best way,
> in the mind of the LGDC people, to announce and recruit using the
> LGDC?

I've been thinking about this too.  What if we have some sort of
developer's forum?  I was thinking a place where people could post
questions and get answers from others with more experience in that area.

It would also be interesting to have something like this sort of merged
with an acutal project... somehow.  It'd be interesting because you could
see how people that have solutions to the problems fix them, and doing so
would help the less experienced types(like me!) overcome the larger
hurdles.  I'm still trying to figure out how this would work, does anybody
have ideas?

> Thanks,
> mythus@mailandnews.com

Linux - This will end your Windows session.
ben@ninjatech.com