Re: half-life

On Sat, Jun 05, 1999 at 12:40:13PM +0200, Felix Kollmann wrote:
> how can I play Half-Life under Linux? There is only the server to
> download, but I want to play a multiplayer game.
Unfortunately, you cannot, since only the server is available for Linux and
not the client.

A few possible options:

* Play the Windows Half-Life under Linux using Wine (www.winehq.org)
* Run Windows (and huis Half-Life within Linux using VMWare (www.vmware.com)

or,

* Keep your system dual boot and play most of your games under Windows

Although the situation is changing rapidly and more commercial-quality games
for Linux appear both from well-known vendors as the community, as we stand
_today_ Linux is not yet a gaming platform.

But we're here to change that. ;-)

Regards, Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.com + cap@capsi.net + cap@capsi.cx