Re: Game announcements on LGDC

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> > This brings an interesting question: what harware should I optimize for? Do
> > most linux gamers have a P200 or better? How much RAM? Is joystick support
> > really worth the time for a game that doesn't _require_ it for good gameplay?
>
> Well, personnally I use a P100 with 32mg ram and a 3dfx :). What is more
> important IMHO is ram. Especially with Linux. Then, getting a 3dfx allow
> you to play most Mesa games, even if you have a weak processor (Golgotha
> works fine with my CPU). I would place CPU power at least. However, I
> think having a P200 is not too many!

I think the ram issue is very important in Linux, but mostly for work, not for
games. Well..it's not important when you have plenty of ram to put it right.

> And for god sake, get a joystick!

For Quake????? I can't even _imagine_ that :-)
For Carmageddon2 ? Ehhh....well..no. Force feedback would be very nice for
this one but it's too expensive. I'll get more ram instead.

Tomas Andrle -- tomaasz@iol.cz