Re: Joystick portability questions...

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

> Maybe something could be hacked on a Solaris/x86 machine, but SPARCs do
> not have joystick ports. But they do have parallel and serial ports,
> maybe not of the same standard as PCs tho (I think some SPARCs are and
> some aren't). Is there any serial joysticks? :-)

Yes. The Sega Genesis controller, for example, has a plug that exactly
fits a DB-9 port. There is a hack in the Linux driver that permits the
COM port to interface with this controller. Some other companies also
make serial joysticks, for use on laptops. One such device, I believe,
is the Gravis Stinger.

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>
Unix Code Artist, Anime Fan, Really Cool Guy