Re: 3D modeller - K-3D

Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> But, this was in the context of OSS - K-3D looks very exiciting to me, and
> I would love to hear the review of someone "in the knows" (like you, or
> Steve Baker ;-)

I downloaded it earlier today - my first impression is that it's not
really designed for games work.  It seems *heavily* focussed on interfacing
to renderman shading libraries, doing pre-scripted animations and that
kind of thing.  I *still* havn't found out how to create a simple polygon!

Still - I've hardly started looking at it - so don't take this as a 'review'.

I'll try to post something a little more meaningful after I've played a bit
more.

It's annoying that the only file format it really supports is it's own special
XML format.  Still, it shouldn't be hard to convert into and out of it since
it's ASCII and (hopefully) somewhat self-documenting.

HomeMail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net     http://tuxaqfh.sf.net  http://tuxkart.sf.net
           http://agtoys.sf.net   http://prettypoly.sf.net
           http://freeglut.sf.net http://toobular.sf.net