Re: SDL_Flip vs SDL_UpdateRect: what's better/smoother?

voidstar wrote:
Maybe the problem is that I can't get hardware surface?
I tried this test and it tells me that I can't get it!
Why?!

if ( (screen->flags & SDL_HWSURFACE) != SDL_HWSURFACE ) {

    printf("Can't get hardware surface\n");
    exit(1);
}

When you call SDL_SetVideoMode(), do you pass in SDL_HWSURFACE as one of the flags? It could be that you are not asking for a hardware surface. I pass in just such a request and everything seems to work just fine on my system. If it still doesn't work, I don't know why SDL_SetVideoMode would fail. Have you asked on the SDL mailing list?

Wait, I just checked. You did. There seems to be a good discussion on your thread. Good luck!

--
GBGames' Blog, An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting Thoughts:
http://www.gbgames.com/blog