modeler

Right now, in my game, you can fly one of these spacecrafts to shoot at other
crafts: green cube, multi-colored cube and two cubes stuck together to produce a
venerable fighting craft. I'm looking for a way to substitute these ugly things
with something more imaginative. One way for me to do it is to "draw" them with
OpenGL calls (I'm using OpenGL). This is not my idea of fun. That leaves
me with using a modeler that can produce OpenGL code, or can provide a library
that will interpret its output format and call OpenGL routines. I could not
locate a program that could do the former, and I know only of one program that
can do the latter: LightWave. LightWave costs $$$ and is not available for
Linux, so, options anyone?

--
Borko Jandras	<bjandras@public.srce.hr>