Re: modeler

Borko Jandras wrote:

> locate a program that could do the former, and I know only of one program that
> can do the latter: LightWave. LightWave costs $$$ and is not available for
> Linux, so, options anyone?

You're going to have to do something like write a reader that can input
TPO or OBJ or PLG, all of which are relatively simple file formats. Many
modelers can output to these formats, including Blender, which is free.

The free Windows program WCVT2POV can convert to/from various formats
and produce OpenGL C code. I think it works under recent Wine releases.
Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>
Unix Code Artist, Anime Fan, Really Cool Guy