Re: autoconf help?

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Christian Reiniger wrote:

>Well, when I have problems with auto(conf|make), I usually look at how the
>GGI people did it. Their build system is perhaps the most sophisticated
>I've seen yet.
>As for real documentation - no idea. I'm looking for that myself.

I have to check it out. The manual that comes with autoconf is quite nice.
It is the same manual that's available as info-files, but if you get the
source version of autoconf you also get texinfo files from which you can
get PostScript. It's a lot nicer to read nicely formatted and printed
documentation for something that's really unfamiliar. I personally use the
info-files nowadays quite frequently, but only for looking up the syntax
for some weird macro.

I think the manual can also be found online at http://www.gnu.org/.