Re: Tux Racer 0.10 Released

Keith Lucas wrote:

> Actually, Red Hat 6, I expected to install something sensible to cope with
> my VooDooII card on the other machine and it didn't. The RPMs aren't even
> on the CD as far as I can tell. So it installed a software Mesa which
> doesn't help a lot.

The RPMS for Voodoo2 aren't on the CD, but get them at
http://linux.3dfx.com/ (I guess you knew that part). I followed the
instructions to the letter, and it took about 10 minutes (not counting
download time, most of the 10 minutes was compiling Device3Dfx). Worked
the first time around! But I do use the Mesa/Glide that comes with Quake
3 Arena.

I remember that before, I used a Mesa that I had compiled from source,
was pretty straightforward.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Systems Exorcist