Re: Hi everybody!

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Martin Starch Soerensen wrote:

> problems with exception-handling and use of templates. Of course in the
> more recent versions of egcs most of these problems have been adressed,
> but I just thought that I would object to calling gcc/egcs a "performant"
> compiler when it's not.

It is getting there quickly though, gcc 2.7.2 -> egcs 1.0 was a big
improvement in general c++ support. Certainly better than at least one
commerical compiler I've seen.  [ The Sun CC compiler breaks on
for(int i  ..) {} int i; ]

Of course if extreme speed and conformance to the C++ std, that was only
release recently, then some of the commerical offering are probably best
bet.

www.kai.com comes to mind.

Nicholas