Re: Hi everybody!

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Nicholas Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 1999, Martin Starch Soerensen wrote:
>
> > problems with exception-handling and use of templates. Of course in the
> > more recent versions of egcs most of these problems have been adressed,
> > but I just thought that I would object to calling gcc/egcs a "performant"
> > compiler when it's not.
>
> It is getting there quickly though, gcc 2.7.2 -> egcs 1.0 was a big
> improvement in general c++ support. Certainly better than at least one
> commerical compiler I've seen.  [ The Sun CC compiler breaks on
> for(int i  ..) {} int i; ]

Yes, support for some of the more "esoteric" c++-features have seen great
improvements (like I would know ;-)). Of course all compilers have errors,
and egcs have had a few - for instance I have had a problem using nested
template classes, but I'm sure that the new merged gcc/egcs will
correct most of the remaining ones.

Regards
	Martin Starch - ClanSoft