Re: linuxgames.org

Ben Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 1999, Paul Tiseo wrote:
>
> > At 12:33 PM 5/26/99 +0000, you wrote:
> >       Maybe we could consider lgdc.linuxgames.com? I noticed Crystal Space is at
> > crystal.linuxgames.com.
>
> This eliminates almost all of the concerns raised...

I must say that as the manager of Crystal Space that I'm very satisfied with the
support and speed of my crystal.linuxgames.com domain that I got from www.linuxgames.com.

I can recommend that route.

Advantages:
    - Very fast (for me that is). It is one of the fastest FTP sites that I have access
      too and this is important for uploading new stuff (like the latest CS version).
    - Unlimited space (as long as you don't misuse it). CS is probably using more than
      100 Megs there and they don't complain.

Disadvantages:
    - You have to put a banner in the main page and preferably a link to www.linuxgames.com

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

Wobbler thought that California was where good people went when they died.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Only You Can Save Mankind)