Re: Games, games and games

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Mark Collins wrote:
> What I want to know is what sort of games people would be buy for
> Linux/BSD/SOlaris/Whatever. I expect Loki's regular offerings of 'Yet Another
> FPS' isn't the sort of thing Linux users generally go in for.
>
> In my personal experience, Linux users tend to be into RPGs/RTS', and not
> gorefests.
>
> Opinions?

I like FPS's (Quake 3 is one of the most finely tuned games around), RPGs
of both MMO and C types, especially Japanese console RPGs.  Stratagy games
can be good, the Sim games are good, the god games are good.  The Need for
Speed series was fun.  2D platform games are good, though I'm not as much
a fan of the 3D platform games.  I'm even a fan of Myth, though not so
much of Starcraft and the like.

Basically, I'm a fan of most any game as long as it's well made, though
with a few exceptions.

-ben.c