Re: Games, games and games

On Saturday 26 May 2001 22:17, Nick Mann wrote:

> I think you'd be hard pressed to find a trend, really... although of
> course, a new poll might be something interesting to try (What is your
> favorite style of game: FPS, RPG, Adventure, RTS, Puzzle, Racing,
> Sports Sim, 'God' games, I like something different, I hate playing
> games)

Cool, the first poll idea (after 36 "I have an idea, but I won't tell
you" selections)! :-)
Unfortunalely the current poll code doesn't support multiple selections
(which is an absolute must for that kind of poll) :(
'nother point to work on...

Oh - I like Deus Ex (intelligent FPS), Rogue Spear (Tactical Sim),
Diablo2 multiplayer (shallow fun with much chatting, char building),
Halflife (bit of monster fragging in between), X-Wing, Jane's longbow
[1], Civ-type games (not so much for the strategy part - I just like
building my civilization)

Wishlist (Things I'm really missing in some of the games):
Deus Ex: missing cooperative multiplayer (coop story play)
Rogue Spear: much better team AI. Please.

[1] I don't really play such high-realism sims anymore though. I mostly
play to have fun and to relax, and those sims just need too much
concentration.

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

Those who will not reason, are bigots,
those who cannot, are fools,
and those who dare not, are slaves.

- George Gordon Noel Byron (1788-1824), [Lord Byron]