Re: linuxgames.org and the Linux Game Tome

Bob Zimbinski wrote:

>I've just read your piece at slashdot.org.  I can't visit your site
>right now because it's apparently suffering the Slashdot Effect, but

Can you imagine that we're actually happy abou that? ;)

>I'd like to offer your project any help I can.
>
>I don't know if you're familiar with the new Linux Game Tome that I've
>just recently announced.  It's at http://gametome.linuxquake.com.  It's
>a user-maintained database of games for Linux.  Check it out if you
>haven't already.

We knew the old Game Tome and just heard of the new one when it was
announced on Freshmeat 2 or 3 days ago. I personally haven't had a closer
look at it yet (I don't know about the others), but the title page looked
very good.
(BTW - The link to your site in our announcement is already pointing to
gametome.linuxquake.com)

>While the Game Tome already has a (now empty) category for game
>libraries and source code, I'm willing to expand it to suit your needs
>if you are interested.  Alternately, I may be able to devote some time
>to adpating my code to run on your server for your needs.  I like this
>second idea less, however, because I'm already short of spare time.

Well, the LGDC is to a great part centered around game library development,
so I think it's better to have the main coverage of that here. I don't know
much about website management etc, but what if you simply send us your code
so we can adapt it ourselves when there is time?

>If I can be helpful in any other way, please let me know.  I'd like to
>see Linux move forward as a viable gaming platform.

Hmmm, perhaps it would be good if you subscribed to our mailing list (send
an empty mail to <linuxgames-subscribe@sunsite.auc.dk>) in order to stay
informed about what's happening and to faciliate discussion with us and
others.

Cu
	Christian

PS: To the LGDC people: Where do we want to place the Game Tome link -
"Examples" or "Free Projects | Games" or some completely different place?

--

I saw God --------- and she was black.