ASC: a free and turnbased strategy game

Hi,

I want to announce Advanced Strategic Command, a game in the tradition of the
Battle Isle series from Bluebyte. If you don't know Battle Isle, the Panzer
General games are similar.
We have been developing ASC for several years now and are looking for
programmers and graphic artists to join us.

Check out the website at:
http://www.asc-hq.org

You may ask: There are hundreds of free game projects out, why should I join
ASC ?

ASC is quite advanced, compared to most other free game projects.
Many games claim they may become great games when finished. Advanced
Strategic Command already IS a great game :-)
I can't say the game engine is finished ( is there any free software [except
perhaps TeX] which can be described as finished?), but it offers a complete
set of functions that exceeds many commercial games with its working(!)
functionality.
You can already play ASC, although not yet against an AI. There are several
email games running over the internet right now. And new players are always
welcome. We even have an extensive tutorial to make the first steps in ASC
relatively easy.

We HAVE graphics. They can in no way be compared to current commercial games
like Panzer General 3D assault, but they are functional and fulfill their
purpose.

But ASC is a DOS game and does not run under Linux. So porting ASC to Linux
is one of the primary things I would like to be done. ( I personally don't
want to migrate to Linux yet, since that would require quite much time which
I prefer to invest into ASC itself )

We primarily need programmers and graphic artists to join the development,
but all other game-related help like sound, levels, story etc is welcome too,
of course.

Bye,
   Martin