Re: Hello I'm a commercial programer

Frederic SAVOIR wrote:

>> >I'm a commercial programmer of games and I interesting to get new to convert
>> >our current games (I will do it on my free time)...
>> Hmmm, let's see...
>You want to see what we will do isn't it ?

Well, that would be nice (of course) but the "Let's see" was meant as "let
me think - where do we start?" ;)

>> How familiar are you with Linux in general, Linux programming in particular
>> and Linux game programming in <what's the correct word here??> ?
>Few things.... But we are using it at our Internet server...

Ah, ok. Do you have Linux installed at home?

>> Do you already have your Linux development tools (compiler, editor,
>> debugger, ...) set up?
>Not yet... but I purchase my sources editor (VisualSlickEdit) to be like at
>home :-)

<grin> Keeping a good editor is important,yes ;)

Well, ok. What Linux distribution do you have installed (or do you plan to
install) ? I'm asking that because the GNU C compiler was improved greatly
in the past months and the older distributions don't include these
modifications.

If you have an older distribution, I'd suggest you get egcs 1.1 from
http://egcs.cygnus.com/ (That's the current version of the compiler
package). You should also have a look at http://www.linuxprogramming.com/

Have Fun
	Christian

PS: please always reply to the mailing list
--

CPU not found. retry, abort, ignore?