Re: Let me introduce myself.

> Well, I'd like to see comments from Henti and Rob, as they are propagly the
> ones mainly affected.
1) Content comes first, definately. But even more important is the underlying
code. We need a database for developers and for the projects. Something
based on Freshmeat's lounge might be a good idea. SQL? Some weird CGI?

2) Is there a definate name yet? Frankly I think "Linux Game Developers HQ"
is a bit dull. It's a great description for the opening page, but not a
catching name for press releases and word of the mouth.

3) The opening page is most important to start with. The menu links and
intro text is what makes people stick at the site longer.

4) We need a sharp writer. Indeed no use of "Windoze" and "blind and
arrogant" (although I still think that is true in many cases). Yet strong
texts that will do the following three things:
 - make software houses aware of Linux
 - recruite developers
 - inform the users of the progress and makes them understand that things
   won't change over night, but that there is indeed a lot going on.

I guess that would result into a "General Info", "Developers Lounge" and
"User Zone". This kind of split has been made by Gnome and KDE as well, and
for a reason. I understand that the user part will go to the .com site while
the developer stuff is at .org? I still think there should be some overlap
to make sure we can promptly redirect people who are at the 'wrong site', or
even interest users to develope anyway.

Oh, I placed a new logo based on the Lava theme. It's not on the LGB site
yet; I'm not doing a complete redesign with the meta project going on.
If you want to see it though, it's cool: www.capsi.com/lgb/img/logo2.jpg
I still have all the layers so in case we all like it, it's easy to change
the title (but not the Klingon font, it's maHj (good).. ;)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.demon.nl cap@capsi.com cap@capsi.net web: