Re: LGA and Linux Game Development Center

Ryan Stultz wrote:

>have formed Loki Entertainment Software, with the right to port several top
>games (from Activision and WestWood) to Linux, all distribution rights. So

Wowiezowie! That's really great news! <drool> <silly grin>

>Loki is sponsoring linuxgames.org. I am still running it (with not enough
>time to properly do it) because no one else can.
>
>We'd be very interested in teaming up with you.
>
>We're willing ot fold the LGA into the Linux Game Development Project. The
>combined project could be located at linuxgames.org (hosted by Loki) since
>the domain is already setup.

That would be great. First because "linuxgames.org" is an almost perfect
domain name for this and second because linuxgames.com is already
established as site for gamers. Having linuxgames.org as a sister site for
developers will be great IMHO.

>One of the things that the LGA was originally created for was not just to
>help people port games, and to help gamers find games, but also to help
>create a linux gaming awareness (hence the Linux Gaming Awareness Project).
>So if we team up, the project would need to still try and aim at creating an
>awareness, long term. This can be things like getting magazines to write
>articles... arranging for benchmarks to be published about how much better
>key games are on Linux, etc.

Actually "public relations" work is already one of our goals, just not one
of the big ones officially (thinking of it, I somehow wonder why). We're
planning to publish an editorial about Linux Game Programming on
gamasutra.com in which we'll also invite the commercial game developers to
a big follow-up IRC meeting to talk about Linux and commercial games.
We haven't planned much further in the PR area, but that's no hindrance.

Just one more note in case you're not already subscribed to out mailing
list - the discussion on the LGDC is on the list and it will be
quite difficult to keep you involved unless you subcribe. You should also
get the past messages (the mailing list manager automatically gives you
infos about how to do that once you subscribe) to be up-to-date on what's
happening. Thx.

Cu
	Christian

--

REALITY.SYS corrupted ... reboot Universe [Y,n]?